Rainy days are just begging for a cozy cup of hot chocolate to hold as you stare at the drops falling on your windowpanes. But with all the showers forecasted for this year, you might want to try these twists to prevent the winter favorite from becoming a boring ritual.
While marshmallows and whipped cream are the usual suspects to hang out on the top of your mug, but here are a few other exciting suggestions.
1. Stir in a drop of gooey caramel.
2. Try a scoop of ice cream, as it melts, it will make it creamy and thick
3. Spice up your mug with a dash of cinnamon, nutmeg or vanilla extract
4. Drop strips of orange rinds for a fresh citrusy kick.
5. Use a candy cane to stir your drink; the refreshing minty taste is even better when you have a cold.
6. To add a bit of luxury, shave some dark or white chocolate pieces.
7. A spoon of peanut butter has the ability to make anything that much better.
8. No marshmallows? Try a scoop of marshmallow creme - devinely delish!